Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wide Feild Eyepeice for Esprit 100

Adam J

I will be buying an esprit 100 soon 95% for astro photography, but for the other 5% when I just fancy it I was wanting a wide field eyepiece for comfortable viewing of things like M45, M42 open clusters etc I guess I want to see the object in its setting if that makes any sense. I am asking for nothing too taxing I hope. 

I don't want to be spending a very large amount ~£150 as its going to be used sporadically at best. 

Hoping that someone can give me some options and why? I would prefair to purchase with my scope so something from FLO unless there is a good reason to look else ware. 

Adam 

Edited by Adam J

Skywatcher Nirvana 16mm 82° is well within your budget. It is almost Nagler-good and will provide a true fov of slightly under 2.4° at 34x magnification in a 550mm focal length telescope. The exit pupil will be 2.9 mm.

Also, it Barlows well.

Edit: I see Flo has this eyepiece in the WO UWAN version. It's the same eyepiece, bit looks like it might be a bit more expensive? (Skywatcher Nirvana is around €120)  

Edited by Ruud
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Ruud said:

Skywatcher Nirvana 16mm 82° is well within your budget. It is almost Nagler-good and will provide a true fov of slightly under 2.4° at 34x magnification in a 550mm focal length telescope. The exit pupil will be 2.9 mm.

Also, it Barlows well.

Edit: I see Flo has this eyepiece in the WO UWAN version. It's the same eyepiece, bit looks like it might be a bit more expensive? (Skywatcher Nirvana is around €120)  

Looks like the WO one is not in stock anyway.