NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

mk3 of Dew controller using MQTT and Node Red

stash_old

Finished doing my mk 3 Dew controller using Led dimmer and 2 x wemos d1 - 1 controlling the Dimmer (and hence the 0-12v) and the other positioned on Dew Shield to collect Temp/Humidity and send to first Wemos D1.

Used Node Red to quickly set up a simple program(see attached screen image)  which can be accessed from any Web Browser.  Testing works and added LED in Dimmer shows power fluctuation nicely. The only problem might be my MASS power supply which makes these Dimmers run weirdly so my original usb one ran from a Wart (ac to 12dc). But this get rid of another set of wires.   Dimmer uses simple Tin Can Stepper(5v) to move dimmer POT controlled via the Wemos. 

MQTT broker might run on Obsys hidden Desktop but might run it from Linux box on OTA haven't decided yet.

mqttdew.png

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JamesF said:

Any ideas why?

James

Nope except maybe they are both using PWM (dimmer does) but not an electronics buff 🙂  Use a Wart (tried a number) and its fine - MK1/USB/Nano has worked for 3 yrs!

Even works with ATX PC power supply unit using 12v output.

Edited by stash_old

• 4 weeks later...

dont know what I did different but now able to run off MASS power supply - 0-13.5v depending what I choose - plus added open weather to Node-red Astro Dashboard  running on wire RPI3 - recycling at it s best 🙂

Screenshot at 2019-10-21 21-07-56.png

Edited by stash_old