Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How do you combat moisture on the camera window?

Whippy

Another night, another problem....

I've never experienced this before but I was attracting moisture onto the outside of the window of my Atik 16hr last night. Has anyone else had this and how (if at all) did you deal with it?

Tony..

Had that at Kelling (so did most people with large format CCDs that night!), but I fixed mine with a customn made blinkys bespoke dew heater, which is just the wire loop, and I wrap it around the nosepiece to give the glass just that extra heat to keep the condensation off.

funnily enough, I was thinking of asking you when I was writing out the post... Might have give that man a PM :D. Bit annoying too as it appears I may have sorted out the guiding issues I've been having recently last night. Grrr....

Tony..

I was wondering that...

Looks like it may well be clear tonight and being the ditz that I am atm, I completely forgot to speak to Blinky but the design of the Atiks have a 'ridge' around where the nosepiece is so I'll stick the dewstrap that normally use for my ZS66 around that and see what happens.

Tony..

Archived