The Wall

Rodd

I recently saw an image of the wall shot with an 11" scope and it inspired me.  this is for those who might be deciding on a scope and question whether a 4" refractor can provide enough details  (a.k.a resolution).  This is a substantial crop of a much wider FOV shot with the FSQ 106 with .6x reducer and ASI 1600.   Regretfully, the image has been over-processed a bit.  unfortunately I can't redo it, as I lost the data.  But I still like the image.  I am planning on reshooting this with a 5" refractor at over 3x the focal length and being more attentive to the blurry, gradational lines that form the many rubicons over which the wise do not venture. 

Ha: 45 300 sec

OIII: 36 300 sec

SII: 33 300 sec.

1215237291_TheWall.thumb.jpg.c898260e96fc5ced9105083ab46ed7a6.jpg

1 hour ago, Brian Maurer said:

That’s a great image, great color and detail. Maybe a touch too much NR, but still a really good image. What do you use for post processing?

Thanks Brian.  I use Pixinsight. There really isn’t much noise reduction. I think you are seeing the effects of over sharpening.  But who knows. The main image was processed a while ago and I don’t remember what I did really. Could be too much N.C.  

Rodd

4 hours ago, Rodd said:

Thanks Brian.  I use Pixinsight. There really isn’t much noise reduction. I think you are seeing the effects of over sharpening.  But who knows. The main image was processed a while ago and I don’t remember what I did really. Could be too much N.C.  

Rodd

Hmm, it’s the outer part (mostly bottom left) of the image I was referring to, the “wall” part looks great.

5 hours ago, Brian Maurer said:

Hmm, it’s the outer part (mostly bottom left) of the image I was referring to, the “wall” part looks great.

Yes. That part has pretty low signal. In the big image it is pretty dark and featureless.  It didnt hold up to crop very well. I agree though

Rodd

6 minutes ago, dave_galera said:

That is one beautiful image, brilliant detail, good interpretation of the SHO pallet with its colour, and perfect contrast control.....brilliant......my kind of image!!

Thanks Dave.   

Rodd

Archived