NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M76 - Worth Imaging ? A Go With The C9.25 + 16HR will reveal all.

jcm

I had a quick look at M76 last night. I gave it 5 X 5 mins Ha , 5 X 5 mins OIII , with the C9.25 and the 16 HR.

It looks as though there is quite a bit of nebulosity surrounding the the bright central core. May give this object a longer go at the weekend. Only a quick process.

John

post-13061-133877350772_thumb.jpg

I am going to try to improve the detail in the image. It might need a mix of short exp. and long exp. to bring out the full detail. I was a bit surprised at the brightness of the central core. I just shows how sensitive the Atik is. :D

John

Excellent result for such short subs John.

I've had several attempts at this, some with 10 minute subs, and not managed to catch the outer nebulousity nearly as well.

Cheers

Rob

This might be one of those situations when you try with longer exp to do better and it turns out worse. :D I will give at a go tomorrow night with longer exp - clear weather predicted !!!

John

Very nice. Not seen this one before so thanks for posting it up. I'll have a look for it tonight. (Crystal clear here at the moment... :D )

Yep , clear here as well - but fog may stop observing/imaging - so early start required.

John

Archived