1st AFRICANO. LAST NIGHT.

Hi guy's,

Last night cleared and i had a good few hours imageing and testing new gear.

I decided to finish the night looking to see if i could find the two comets C/2018 W2 AFRICANO and C/2017 T2 PANSTARRS 

I did manage  to find africano, see my pic but failed on panstarrs.

This is 1x120s  @ ISO 1600.

Regards Bob.

L_0064_ISO1600_120s__18C copy.jpg

• Like 3

Nicely done Bob, same as me couldn't find Panstarrs, I'm thinking the published co-ord's are out, I only get a small FOV in the SCT so doesn't take much error to lose it, couldn't find Africano one night using published info and it was just off screen, next night it was dead centre.

Dave

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Nicely done Bob, same as me couldn't find Panstarrs, I'm thinking the published co-ord's are out, I only get a small FOV in the SCT so doesn't take much error to lose it, couldn't find Africano one night using published info and it was just off screen, next night it was dead centre.

Dave

Hi Dave, yes I think at the moment with Panstarrs it is a lot fainter than Africano  so I may not be able to with my scope as yet. It is being said that Panstarrs might reach naked eye vis in early May 2020, I would like to think it is. I will keep looking though  hoping I will catch it soon.

• Like 1