Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Veil nebula with a stock Canon 5D4 and WO z61

The Veil nebula from last night using a stock Canon 5D4 with a WO Z61 scope and IDAS-D2 2" filter on a Skyguider Pro mount. I was after 40 x 240 second exposures but I got 14 before the clouds arrived.

This is 12 lights and 20 x flats/darks/bias frames stacked and aligned in DSS and processed in PI. Final image cropped 5%.

A lot more exposure required to do the region justice but I'm pleased with the performance of the scope on the portable mountPI_Crop_DBE_invertLumMask_MMT_PCC_BN_SCNR_Hist_RangemaskSat_LHSx2-2048.thumb.jpg.0ff751c77b5446c4a933705f9248bd23.jpg

This is a single raw file converted to jpg and resized, zero processing

L__21B8884_ISO800_240s__21C-2048raw.thumb.jpg.9f9b671b8d71ae1290de57451ae72448.jpg

Edited by Photosbykev
  • Like 1

Looks very unnatural due to the hard editing.
If you use Pixinsight there's no reason to use DSS for stacking, PI does a much better job at aligning/stacking.
How does a single image look like straight from the camera?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Xplode said:

Looks very unnatural due to the hard editing.
If you use Pixinsight there's no reason to use DSS for stacking, PI does a much better job at aligning/stacking.
How does a single image look like straight from the camera?

I've just added one above from the session. I haven't got into PI stacking/integrating yet, one of my next jobs. It is heavily stretched to pull detail out, realistically if I'd got the 40 x 240 second lights the processing would have been much less severe. I'm just pleased to see how the WO Z61 with the Flat61A behaved with the full frame camera

Edited by Photosbykev

A revised version using the same data which is much much cleaner and contains real data rather than mush :) Stacked/integrated in AstroPixel Processor and PI used for the main processing. 

Stacking and integrating all the data files in PI gave some strange artifacts but APP seemed to handle the data without any issues. I can't believe how bad that first processing attempt is lol

APP_Master_Crop_DBE_PCC_MSLT_HIST_HDRMT_LHE_CURVE-2048.thumb.jpg.56ee513dc6eed272c7b94b105aa76a1d.jpg

Edited by Photosbykev
  • Like 1