NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Pelican and 57Cyg

Star101

Pelican nebula and part of North American nebula with 57Cyg centre.

Taken evening of 7 Aug 19

11 x 300s

50 darks/bias

Master Flat

Processed in Pixinsight.

Atik 4120EX OSC 

C11 Hyperstar

Mesu 200 mount.

OAG Guiding using TS65EQ ZWO OAG and Lodestar X2.

Thanks for looking

Pelican and 57CygC.jpg

Edited by Star101
  • Like 2

Always interested to see a Hyperstar image.

Comparing to my C9.25, it looks like your star shapes are better than mine.  Do you make any special arrangements for the camera cables?

I’m surprised that the emission nebulae in your image appear quite faint, but I guess it’s all in the processing. Your exposure is 55 minutes, mine is 52...

20181010_Pelican-Hyperstar-QHY8L-26x2m.thumb.jpg.239fa41c019b3b000fd2d9e9594af224.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

Interesting area. Looks like you've got a satellite in their though.

Thanks.

Yes, I removed the satellite trail and afterwards realised I removed it from the wrong image 🤪.  I will post it soon.

3 hours ago, AKB said:

Always interested to see a Hyperstar image.

Comparing to my C9.25, it looks like your star shapes are better than mine.  Do you make any special arrangements for the camera cables?

I’m surprised that the emission nebulae in your image appear quite faint, but I guess it’s all in the processing. Your exposure is 55 minutes, mine is 52...

I have a feeling that the faintness of the emission nebula is due to neighbours garden lights which I am currently trying to address....wish me luck!

What camera did you use for yours?

The camera cables are basically held in place by the Dew Straps at the front ( 90 deg apart ) and passed through the C11 handle at the back before joining the rest of the cables to the powered usb hub on the floor.

Edited by Star101

1 hour ago, Star101 said:

I have a feeling that the faintness of the emission nebula is due to neighbours garden lights which I am currently trying to address....wish me luck!

Ah, well, yes, that may do it.  Good luck on that!

1 hour ago, Star101 said:

What camera did you use for yours?

This was a QHY8L, 26 x2 minutes exposures. 

My camera cables are held down by a heated dew shield, but curve rather randomly across the corrector plate before arriving at the edges.  Must do better!

Tony

• Like 1