NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Eastern Veil

ChrisWhite

Well, I've been stopping by SGL on and off for a couple of months, and decided to post something here. 

Over the last couple of weeks had some nice clear nights and imaged the Eastern Veil with my Newt. 

8in ONTC + Paracorr + QSI 6120 + Mach1

I've got two versions with this data.  The first is a hubble blend and the second is a straight SHO.  What I love about this target is that there is such a strong signal in all three narrowband channels.  Almost gives it a 3D glasses look.  I find that there is an electric feel to it and had a lot of fun processing this one. 

C&C Welcome.  Also, which do you like better?

get.jpg?insecure

get.jpg?insecure

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, souls33k3r said:

That's really fine imaging Chris. 

So I take it you sold you CEM60-EC mount and replaced it with a Mach1? 

Thanks!  Actually, I returned it.  While iOptron was trying to sort out the encoder/guiding issue they extended my return window indefinitely (very gracious of them), but after 6 weeks of no progress a second hand Mach 1 came up and I decided to go that route instead.  So glad I did.  The AP has been a joy to use, and regarding the CEM60EC... still no progress.  ☹️

4 hours ago, Dragon_Astro said:

Welcome to the forum, stepping out of the shadows with some great captures 👍🏻

I prefer the first one :)

Thanks Dragon! 

Hubble blend is:

R=.4*Ha + .6*Sii
G=.4*Oiii + .3*Ha + .3*Sii
B=Oiii

With a little SCNR green removal. 

3 minutes ago, ChrisWhite said:

Thanks!  Actually, I returned it.  While iOptron was trying to sort out the encoder/guiding issue they extended my return window indefinitely (very gracious of them), but after 6 weeks of no progress a second hand Mach 1 came up and I decided to go that route instead.  So glad I did.  The AP has been a joy to use, and regarding the CEM60EC... still no progress.  ☹️

Such a shame about the CEM60-EC mount. People are still going at it on that thread at CN but the way how I'm seeing it, only a handful of them seem to be an issue with but I'm happy that something else came up and now all those worries at history. 

Keep up the good work mate and please do post more :)

1 hour ago, souls33k3r said:

Such a shame about the CEM60-EC mount. People are still going at it on that thread at CN but the way how I'm seeing it, only a handful of them seem to be an issue with but I'm happy that something else came up and now all those worries at history. 

Keep up the good work mate and please do post more :)

I suspect that there are also user variables (load, moment, balance, software settings, etc) that exacerbate the problem (or mitigate it). I think this makes it very difficult for ioptron to identify, reproduce and correct the issues for the wide variety of setups out there.  I do hope that they solve it.  Otherwise it's a great mount.  I really like my CEM60 non-EC. 

Thanks for the encouragement!