Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Powerseeker 127EQ: tube ring does not sit inside the top of mount?

Hello, I just received new Powerseeker 127EQ. The tube rings that it came with have perhaps 1/8" screws at the bottom which is supposed to go into the hole in the top of EQ mount (mine is perhaps EQ type 2). The flat portion of the ring sits on top of the mount and not inside the recessed area. That leaves the tube to be moving easily. Is this normal? The instruction manual says "mounting bracket with tube rings", however I do not see any thing in the package that can be considered "mounting bracket".

Also the hole is not tight around the screw, there is some play. It is just a butterfly/thumb nut on the bottom that holds this. Which means the tube will be able to move in long axis as well as side axis. Even slight movement can throw the target completely off the field of view. Any suggestions.

Thank you.
  • Like 1

On 09/08/2019 at 08:41, ju1234 said:
Hello, I just received new Powerseeker 127EQ. The tube rings that it came with have perhaps 1/8" screws at the bottom which is supposed to go into the hole in the top of EQ mount (mine is perhaps EQ type 2). The flat portion of the ring sits on top of the mount and not inside the recessed area. That leaves the tube to be moving easily. Is this normal? The instruction manual says "mounting bracket with tube rings", however I do not see any thing in the package that can be considered "mounting bracket".

Also the hole is not tight around the screw, there is some play. It is just a butterfly/thumb nut on the bottom that holds this. Which means the tube will be able to move in long axis as well as side axis. Even slight movement can throw the target completely off the field of view. Any suggestions.

Thank you.

Hello,

I got the same kit last February.  The video above should help you with your immediate issue.  This is the mounting-saddle in question...

536518565_mountingsaddle.jpg.163db7b5bd6f2b7eca508faac4a06627.jpg

Have you observed with the telescope yet?  If so, how are the views?

Edited by Alan64