SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

0Σ 410 in Cygnus.

Quite a promising start , but after an hour cloud drifted in along with the idiot two doors away and his back garden plastic and rubber fire. Had a useful look at Cygnus,

ψ Cygni ( SAO 32114).  δ Cygni ( Rukh) lovely secondary just out of the glare.  17 Cygni ( SAO 68827) in a great wide grouping.  Σ 2588 (SAO 48866) .

Looking through my old notes, I found ΟΣ 410. I recorded this as a wide binary . Switching to x216 ( 5.5mm Meade UWA) and the secondary easily split open. I had this down below 1", but it was rock steady and quite mesmerising.

Great to see some early darkness , been nearly a month after the heavy rains and low pressure . Getting great seeing helps , under 

clear skies ! Nick.IMG_7049.thumb.JPG.57fb11d4b7d991624dc67057b2051b83.JPGIMG_7050.thumb.PNG.2fe4804e0d16db400335c7aeec43aa07.PNG

• Like 6

Nice one Nick, I also got clouded out which was contrary to the forecast ( no surprises there 😀) but there was about 30 minutes of clear sky so some nice little doubles were about, fortunately not a complete waste of time. Rasalgethi was pretty bright 😀

Edited by Pig
  • Thanks 1