Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Alpha Bootis On Point

SIDO

Arcturus or Alpha Bootis in the constellation of Bootes and the 4th brightest star in the night sky was my first target last night and I used it to align my laser for my static eeva rig, I don't really spend much time saving images (yet) but my method of location is quite cool so I thought to share.

I'm running a 400x80mm and a 180x50mm achro on a static alt az mount guided by laser, the scopes and laser are aligned and the focusers are preset to infinity and locked allowing an asi385mc to be used in either scope quickly.

The image was taken in the 50mm the stars a bit jerky because I had to hold the laser on while operating the computer to get the shot, the green cast is from the laser the method is very accurate and puts me on any target with ease.

I managed to pull a few dso after Arcturus using the 80mm and starting with the Whirlpool just in time too as down she went behind the trees so up I went to hit the Pinwheel and after about 3 minutes  it was looking very nice spiral arms all around just the dandy of the night it was, but I had the 200mm Dobson out too and was hitting Jupiter visually with very good results and after that switched back to the asi385 and took in M13, M27, M57 and M92 before jumping back on the Dob and finishing with Saturn.

So a couple hours and a clear sky for a change...Finally.

Thanks for looking and Clear Skies of course 🙂

Freddie.

Stack_28frames_23s.png

Stack_28frames_23s_1563870854759.png

Unedited except for inversion, 28 frames x 1200ms or just long enough to juggle the shot.

Edited by SIDO
  • Like 1