NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

SGPro Auto Meridian Flip stopped working

alcol620

Looking for some feedback please. The set up has been working perfectly for some months. With auto flip set and the mount responding. Then a couple of nights ago I checked the set up at around 2 am and the auto flip had not taken place. The mount had passed the Meridian by about 15 minutes, luckily had not quite reached crashing point. I have played around with the set up, re-installed the version of EQMOD I had running, but all to no avail. In the SGPro set up for auto flip I can hit "Run" (next to "Set") and can manually flip the scope, but alas the auto flip does not seem to work.

Any suggestions as to what it could be. Thanks for looking.

Ouch... too close for comfort. More details are required to suss out what the problem is. Which version of SGP are you running, have you updated it recently? Can you post a log file and maybe a screenshot or two of the relevant settings screens please. Have you posted on the SGP forum too?

• 2 weeks later...

By way of feedback. Ran the rig for the first time since the non-flip and at the appointed hour 1.05 am it flipped and plate solved as it always did before. No idea what caused the issue but will need to monitor a number of flips in the near future, until confident that all is in order. 

• Like 1

On 05/08/2019 at 10:34, daz said:

if you look through the SGPro log file, it should have details of why it didn't flip.

It's a busy log file, but quite easy to read through...

Thanks Daz, not sure I could find the log file now and as the set up has flipped successfully three times since, I think I will await the next occasion. However, there is always a nagging doubt that it might happen again. Thanks for your suggestion.