Problems with tracking EQ5 PRO, 200p PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi.

So I have a problem somewhere and I’ve been trying to fix this for a long time. I’m at my wits end with this!! Is so frustrating setting up every time and not being able to sort this. 

As you can see in the picture, I think I have a problem with R.A.  stars move in one direction not around the object. 

I have upgraded to synscan and also had the mount tuned but the problem is still there. My polar alignment is spot on, so is my balance and level.

I set up:

Level

balance in all 3 axis 

polar align

2 star alignment

focus

i am not guiding because my mount weight doesn’t allow for this. 

I have had good images out of this before 

what’s going on!??? I’m at the point of giving up. I can’t afford a new mount right now so I’m really hoping you lot can help me. Please......

E1433E35-5E21-48FD-B49D-AD879EBBA8A8.jpeg

0C7A1FA2-AEDD-432C-A8CC-844B2795F518.jpeg

That's the same set up I started with. I found polar alignment is critical and the balance needs to be offset to east heavy slightly. You'll still be restricted to shorter exposures due to the weight. 

Also the 200p is a very big scope and catches any breeze very easily, which will also be affecting your subs. 

53 minutes ago, geordie85 said:

That's the same set up I started with. I found polar alignment is critical and the balance needs to be offset to east heavy slightly. You'll still be restricted to shorter exposures due to the weight. 

Also the 200p is a very big scope and catches any breeze very easily, which will also be affecting your subs. 

Thanks for the reply. Polar alignment is as good as I think it can be. Balance is offset. 

Theres also the DARV polar align method where you can use your camera to record a visual trace.

https://www.cloudynights.com/articles/cat/articles/darv-drift-alignment-by-robert-vice-r2760

When you do a 2 star alignment what error does the handset report? Have you tried a 3 star alignment?

The handset should also have a polar align routine itself.

Archived