Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

How to connect APT and PHD to mount - solved (I think)

OK I am pretty much aware that there is a very simple answer to this and I am being a numpty but can somebody give this dummy a push 🙂 

How do I connect APT and PHD to the mount.

I can stat APT first and connect it to the mount using "EQMOD HEQ5/6" and it connects okay.

image.png.7ec33911936e21624f697ab888e880e4.png

And the EQMOD opens as normal.

image.png.6d2693a7378f476583b62c735baa67b3.png

But then when I open PHD and try to connect to the mount it opens a 2nd instance of EQMOD which of course cannot then connect to the same mount.

image.png.cf222b83da151076a1dc9b481db69a32.png

I sort of understand why I get the error, and obviously the same happens if I open PHD first that will connect but the APT will not, but cannot see what to connect to as both applications have to communicate with same mount. I have tried connecting to POTH hub and Generic Hub. APT will connect to POTH hub but not Generic hub but PHD will not connect to either.

????????????????

Steve

Edited by teoria_del_big_bang

After hours trying to get it to work I think I have found a possible reason.

I had APT set to run in Administrator mode but not PHD. If I set them both to Administrator mode then it seems I can connect both to the mount, I am now not sure whether both should be in this mode or both not in Administrator mode.

• 2 months later...

Update fro anyone that gets here through a search for same problem.

Some weeks after all this I bought a new computer to run my Astro stuff and when I set those programs I wondered what would happen if I made sure no programs were set run in Administrator mode and hey presto all worked perfectly. 

So I am no computer Guru by any means but it makes sense that if you set a program to run in Administrator mode then any other interacting with it or using the same application that it is linked to (by opening it from within that application) also needs to be in the same mode, because even programs opened by that will also be running in Administrator mode. But I tend to think unless there is a reason it has to run in Administrator mode then don't .

Steve