Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help processing Saturn

Hi everyone,

I'm having real trouble processing my Saturn data. Being based in Glasgow, most of my problems are likely due to the poor seeing and how low Saturn is in the sky. However, I still feel I should be able to draw more detail out the Cassini division, reduce the noise and reveal the coloured bands a bit better.

I've stacked some 2min vids in Autostakkert and have attached the best stack below (I've included sharpened and unsharpened - which one should be used in Registax??). I've also attached my best attempt at processing this data so far.

Is anyone able to have a go at improving on the below or share their own workflows/tutorials?  Any help would be much appreciated!

Equipment: ASI290MC, 2x barlow, SW 200PDS, HEQ5Pro

Sat_033911_pipp_g6_ap9.tif Sat_033911_pipp_g6_ap9_conv.tif Sat_033911_pipp_g6_ap9_conv.tif

Edited by f33n3y

The image certainly benefited from an RGB balance in Registax 6, i also tried an RGB align, which was less successful. Then i applied a very light wavelet sharpen. I guessed you had probably already sharpened the image.  

Not sure i have improved it much to be honest.

Saturn is tough at the moment, with its position in the sky. An ADC really is going to help a lot with its current position.

A couple of questions. How frames did you capture and stack?  Also if you save as PNG files you can post the actual images, rather than members having to down load them they can view them in the post. You may get more response.

324981561_Sat_033911_pipp_g6_ap9_conv(1).png.917f2af0b9ae0ce634d1feaf374b5487.png