NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Auto guider settling in SGPro

Tom OD

Hi All,

I m new to SGP, and still learning the ropes.

I have set up my profile, and all of the control panel tabs and settings for each piece of equipment.

I m having problems setting up a sequence however. It works in Simulator modes, but not in practice.

Now I m just trying to get it going, I m not centering targets after slewing, and I have not used Frame and Mosaic yet.

I select a target, and I have slewed to it, and its there on the screen when I do a Frame and Focus quick pic.

Once I set the sequence filters and frames etc, the PHD2 guider starts, and guiding begins.

When I select Start Sequence (or is it Run?) the First frame does not start, I just see Auto Guider settling message in the bottom left of the screen.

I have not selected a Settle time in the Auto guide tab. When I did make some changes to the settle time and pixels, I still had the Auto guider settling message, although I did not shut down the sequence and restart it in the s/w. I only selected resume button. I may have needed to reopen the Sequencer for the setting changes to take effect.

The Sequence timer continues to run with no frames been taken.

Do I need to tune the settings from the PHD calibration to input here in the Auto Guide Settings for this, and do you need to select the Settle option?

Thanks Tom.

If you have your guide settle distance set to zero or one (which it seems to default to) and a long settle time, SGP will sit there until those parameters are met before beginning a sequence, same between frames. I set my time at 3 sec and the distance to 0.6 (or 6?)

Hi Tom

my settle settings are 5 secs and 1 pixel (ie 1.2 arcsec) and it seems to work pretty well. If you’re not already doing so when making changes when the sequence is running its best to use the Control Panel as they take immediate effect.

Dave

5 hours ago, fwm891 said:

If you have your guide settle distance set to zero or one (which it seems to default to) and a long settle time, SGP will sit there until those parameters are met before beginning a sequence, same between frames. I set my time at 3 sec and the distance to 0.6 (or 6?)

4 hours ago, Laurin Dave said:

Hi Tom

my settle settings are 5 secs and 1 pixel (ie 1.2 arcsec) and it seems to work pretty well. If you’re not already doing so when making changes when the sequence is running its best to use the Control Panel as they take immediate effect.

Dave

Thanks for this. I'll try it later if the clouds stay away.

Tom.

• Like 2