Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Idiot moment of the week !

Managed to get my guiding sorted last week, APT, CDC,EQmod & PHD all working in harmony.

Gave it another go this week ( during a brief interlude between the clouds ).

First thing I noticed was some spots on my guide camera pictures ( probably some dust or dots of moisture ) so took it out to give it a clean.......( OK... who knows whats coming next ? ).

Made sure that it was still perfectly in focus when I put it back.

Tracking went mad...PHD threw a complete strop, started ok for a few seconds and then started getting wider and wider on its adjustments until after about 20 seconds it threw the toys out of the pram and shouted at me on the screen.

After persevering for about another 20 minutes with the same results ( tried swearing at it, didnt work but made me feel better ), decided to read the instructions.....( which I see as the first sign of defeat ).

Hmmm, might have been best to run the calibration after inserting guidecam .... as what was left/right and up/down was no longer the case as it is highly unlikely that the camera had been inserted in exactly the same orientation.

Obviously immediately upon rectifying this.....the clouds rolled in ( think they were deliberately waiting and laughing for a while first )

Now I know to RECALIBRATE after moving the camera.....IDIOT.

• Like 3

🤣🤣🤣

We've all done it.

I will happily pay for the first piece of software that responds intelligently and constructively to being sworn at. It's my go to strategy for all technical issues but so rarely effective....

OK that is a new one on me. I thought I'd done them all, pleased to know there are still mistakes I haven't made!

(To paraphrase Wednesday Addams, when asked why her family all dresses as if somebody died: "Wait.")