Minimum size ROR shed for imaging

Jim09

How much light pollution do you have ? I have clear above about 30 degrees from north through east to south but can't image north or past south due to light pollution unless I image as high as possible.

Stuff rises in the east and then gets higher to the meridian so a view of this area is desirable even if its only at higher altitudes.

Dave

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

How much light pollution do you have ? I have clear above about 30 degrees from north through east to south but can't image north or past south due to light pollution unless I image as high as possible.

Stuff rises in the east and then gets higher to the meridian so a view of this area is desirable even if its only at higher altitudes.

Dave

I live in Hertfordshire and not so much light pollution near me apart form a halogen street light  bit further away from us which I think not on all the time during the night, apart form that it's pitch black at nights and I live on top of a hill as well if it makes a difference.

I recommend the best view you can get in the south, from east round via south to west.  A view of Polaris is useful for polar alignment but otherwise the north side is not very useful.

Archived