Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HEQ5 Pro spare stepper motor

KP82

While installing the Rowan belt kit to my HEQ5 Pro this afternoon, something came across my mind. Where can I find spare stepper motors should the current ones reach EOL?

I looked up on the web but could only find spare parts for EQ6 Pro. I find it strange that SW only sell spare motors for EQ6 but not HEQ5. Or do they share the same motor and I just need to use the existing mounting bracket on it?

Thanks for the link. I've looked at the ts website but as expected they only sell spare motors for EQ6 and EQ3/5 motor upgrade kit.

I'm aware that stepper motors last very long usually. But like all motors there will evetually be mechanical failures. If SW sell spares for EQ6 meaning they do expect some mounts would experience motor failure and they offer users the possibility to replace them, then I find it strange why they don't offer the same option for one of their most popular model, HEQ5.

Had a quick look and this post, thinks its a copy of the HT17-073.

The motor is supposedly discontinued and manufacturer suggested replacement is the HT17-273 which has some torque variations but is generally the same 1.8deg 200 step 8 lead nema 17 style copy.

I dont have that mount so cant say the above with any confidence - just what a quick search has helped me find. YMMV

---

The upgrade kit might be the easiest way to get the motors if they are the same model, and would ensure you get any additional cogs etc you may need when pulling the old ones?

Archived