Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What really do the SyncMode command in the Maxdome II firmware?

Delsmolins

What does the Sync Mode command in the maxdome II firmware really do?
 According to TheSkyX Pro Dome X2 plugin, change the Set park position command to Sync command. I have a firmware in a PIC18f2620 that emulates very well the communication protocol of maxdome II
 with the driver of Rodolphe Pineau, but it fails me in the Calibration, since I do not understand  how this command works.
I guess it corrects errors in the tick count of the dome.

I would appreciate any help that would allow me to continue with my project.

This command put the controller in a spacial mode that seems to reset the internal counter to the give tick value. As there is no actual documentation of their protocol and this is all done via reverse engineering the communication that was the conclusion I came to after sniffing the traffic from the ASCOM driver to the controller.

As told you via message, if you're building you own controller I would recommend you use another protocol than the maxdome II like the NexDome, Rigel rotation drive unit for Pulsar dome, Technical Innovations Digital Dome Works, ... as these are fully documented and a lot easier to implement.