Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Highly Portable AP Rig

I finally got around to re-working my large AP rig.  The aim to allow me to travel to dark sites with the least amount of fuss.   The addition of the onboard mini PC has now realised my aim. The only cable which runs to the mount is a 12v power cable.  The power and USB connections are controlled via a Pegasus Astro UPB.  Autofocus is via the Focus Boss II which connects to the WIFI network.

The mini pc (Intel Gemini Lake CPU, 6GB RAM, 128GB SSD with over 100GB free for image capture storage. It has SGP, PHD2, Cartes-du-Ceil, Polemaster and runs on Windows 10 Pro - which allows for easy remote access.   The mini pc is 12v and the whole rig runs nicely off a 74ah battery which is more than enough for a nights imaging.

Alot of other cabling has now been shortened so thre is no undue cabling wrapped around the socpe now!

The mini-pc has had a few good test runs so far and works like a charm. 

1.jpg

2.jpg

Highly Portable is a relative term... From the topic title I was expecting something along the lines of a star adventurer, camera lens and DSLR. ?

Archived