ngc 4631

Hi everyone

With Easter week bringing cloud, wind and strorms to eastern Spain, those who came armed with their telescopes were in for a disppointment. One clear night in 10 days...

Anyway, lots of missed galaxy opportunities later, we setup the 10" reflector and had a go at this. Many cloudy-night-phone's-in-the-bar conversations later, we're still not sure about the colour or whether tjhe galaxy is irregular or whether we're seeing it on its side.

Thanks for looking and as ever, hints for improvement most welcome.

700d, 3 hours, ISO800

1692700215_1ballena(copy).thumb.jpg.5d5c2016e7e5d073c5b2ad65501c990d.jpg

Nice catch there. The colour of the outer regions is off, imo. Maybe you saturated the colours a little too much? Try to push it more towards the blue.

7 hours ago, wimvb said:

push it more towards the blue.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, colour I find the most difficult of all processing tasks. Will have another stretch.

Cheers

It s nice in green, and true what Wim wrote too, but its ur choice i guess.

Bcos NGC 4631 from Scott Anttila is Greenish like yours. APOD nasa 2004 is greyish  looks Natural. Have a look. Exist also many bluish versions.

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap020329.html

You have enough data there so you can go either way:) Run backgraound neutralisation bvor streching. worst case 50% SCNR.

We quit now, Green help for Colli help.:)

CS

Rush

1 hour ago, Rush said:

Exist also many bluish versions

Hi and thanks for the input. Yeah, it's a target which has mercifully not been subjected to the false colour treatment so we can at least have an idea of what it actually looks like. A few curves and levels later, I think I'm gonna rest my case with this...

ballena2.thumb.jpg.ee50a9869203ac8cd53bc762820e308a.jpg

Archived