Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quick test with my new SW 250 PDS

FaB-Bo-Peep

Hi everyone,

It's been so long since I last posted anything here, (probably about 10 years!), that I was unable to log into my original account, (I suspect the e-mail address was with my previous internet provider and is therefore long gone). Anyway I've had several scopes over the years but for me my favorite was always my original, (blue tube), SW 130PM. So now that I wanted to get back into the hobby I thought I would go back to my roots and have recently purchased a SW 250 PDS from a fellow forum member, (thanks Les). On Sunday I managed to give it a test from my significantly light polluted back garden and I've posted a couple of very quick test shots. The M13 was about 5 minutes worth of light frames and the M82 was about 20 minutes. I just stacked the frames and had a fiddle in Paint Shop Pro. To capture anything at all in the far from ideal environment was pleasing and I know my processing skills leave a lot to be desired but I must admit I'm very excited by the results. Next I need to buy a different adaptor ring for my camera adaptor as the one I have appears to have very slightly the wrong thread for the Coma corrector, (it goes on a few turns but then stops).

Camera was a Canon 400D at 800 iso, (which in itself is exciting as I've only ever used 1600 iso before but thought I would try knocking it down a notch due to the extra light gathering abilities of the 10").

I can't wait to give it another go and keep learning.

?

****P.S. how do I add the images to the body of the post rather than having them as downloads please?****

m13-tiff-16-bmp-3.bmp m82-tiff-16 bit.bmp

m13-tiff-16-bmp-3-prog.jpg

m82-tiff-16 bit-prog.jpg

Maybe try attaching as JPG instead of .bmp?  Still they look good for a quick grab.  I got a 200PDS for christmas and it's a bit of a beast  - I imagine the 250PDS is quite hard to handle without a crane or forklift etc ?

Archived