Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

So what can the QHY8 do?

Eddie

i have reservation with the KAF8300 (QHY9)

low well depth and non low read noise will produce sa low dynamic range, and considering the high QE the low DR might be noticed on vrighter objects/longer subs.

however the smaller pixels will suit shorter focal length scopes, and the QE is pretty good. It is used very effectively by wolfgang promper and his ASA.

Does anyone know if it feature RBI (residual bulk image), is so then they need to incorporate a NIR flood.

Still an interesting camera though

Paul

i have reservation with the KAF8300 (QHY9)

low well depth and non low read noise will produce sa low dynamic range, and considering the high QE the low DR might be noticed on vrighter objects/longer subs.

Paul

This is the main reason that I have not put in an order for the QHY9. I want to see some images from this camera.

John

Yep they brought a mod out to deal with it.. check the QHYccd forums..

I dunno if they did or didnt, only that the one I picked up new a couple of weeks ago gets ice on the chip lens and usually condensation on the centre of the nosepiece/IR filter. I store it in the dry, in an airtight container, with loads of silica gel, and the chip and filters are clean. Its a royal PITA.

Last night the condensate appeared again, even though I was using the WO72 to image and so was extra careful that the camera wasn't pointed downwards. I had to remove the camera, use a dryer to remove the ice, and put an eyepiece heater around the nosepiece and filter assembly. Wasted about 20 - 30 mins precious clear sky with it.

I'll post my first light pics later.

I must comment on your comment on the misting (and many others I have seen on the net) I never had the slightest problems with this misting over, I have had more problems with misting with my Art11002.

Eddie

Archived