Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Back in the groove

BiggarDigger

A short session tonight: The first for nearly two months, due to broken ribs (mine not on the scope or mount!).  I'll spare you the detail, but tonight is the first time I've been able to hug the scope properly, let alone lift it.

Still, it was clear, not too cold and I'm busy the rest of this week.  It was probably my last chance before full moon, so it would have been rude not to!  What followed was a gentle procession through Virgo just drinking in the galaxies almost as if through osmosis.  I wasn't too concerned about keeping track of which one were which.  Heresy, I hear you say, but I was just glad to be out with the scope under the stars again.

I did spend a bit of time looking for 3C 273, but I'm a bit rusty with star hopping and tonight wasn't well planned so not much hope of finding it, but it was good to be back in the saddle again.

With a bit of luck, the end of the month will hold clear skies and I'll be able to try once more before the season closes for the summer.

Richard

Archived