Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1.25" TeleVue star diagonal query...

Hi all.

Just a small query.

A few evenings ago I was cleaning one of my two 1.25" TeleVue star diagonal's, (as shown below), as it was a bit dusty inside and I noticed the back was not tightened up. Anyway, being curious and inquisitive I decided to open it up and I found two balls of cotton wool stuffed inside. It is nice and clean on the inside now.

I cannot unscrew the back of the other to see if it too has cotton wool. I have since removed and disposed of the cotton wool. Does anyone know it serves any purpose? or should it be there in the first place?

classifieds-277350-0-45691200-1526138566.jpg.b83040223452ae8be571b7a19eefa189.jpg

I did think to myself after re-assembly that this is or maybe TeleVue's answer to FLO's "May contain clouds!" labels. 

I used to have one of those but mine had no cotton wool inside. It was made for Tele Vue by Vixen and can be found under their branding and also Orion (USA) back in the days when Vixen made gear for them as well. They are nice quality diagonals from what I remember of the one that I owned.

9 hours ago, Ruud said:

Oh no! You removed the magic cotton wool!

It's the 'clouds' that my TeleVue 13mm Nagler Type 6 has collected since I purchased last year, [2018], via FLO. 

18 hours ago, John said:

I used to have one of those but mine had no cotton wool inside. It was made for Tele Vue by Vixen and can be found under their branding and also Orion (USA) back in the days when Vixen made gear for them as well. They are nice quality diagonals from what I remember of the one that I owned.

One of the two came supplied with my TeleVue Ranger... (not the one with the cotton wool/'clouds').

21 hours ago, Philip R said:

One of the two came supplied with my TeleVue Ranger... (not the one with the cotton wool/'clouds').

I got a Tele Vue Everbright 1.25" with my Ranger - no cotton wool with that either !

Archived