M82 - first light from my new triple rig at e-EyE

Petergoodhew

After 4 months I've at long last got my triple rig up and running at its new hosting site at e-Eye in Spain:.  Twin APM TMB 152 refractors plus a Star71 for widefield imaging.  Here's my first light, Messier 82 (strangely a target I've never done before).  The framing is eccentric because it was initially used to help alignment between the two scopes, but upon examination there are loads of miniscule galaxies littering the background so I decided to stick with it as it was.

17h40m total integration (46x300s L, 18x300s R, 21x300s G, 19x300s B, 18x1800s Ha bin 2x2).

triple rig.jpg

M82.jpg

2 minutes ago, Allinthehead said:

Great first light Peter. Takes some serious work to get something like this up and running. Congratulations. 

Thanks Richard, I very much underestimated just how much work was involved, especially as it has to run remotely.  But got there in the end, and I'm looking forward to capturing way more data each night from now on.

Archived