Finally a good morning on a day off!

maw lod qan

Lately it has seemed that my only good days were the mornings I couldn't get out to the obsy.

Finally this morning everything fell into place. First I turned to Luna. The terminator was incredible. The prime focus photos I got, I'm pleased with. Some of my images with EPP were okay as long as I didn't push too much magnification being it's an unguided dob.

Then unable to resist, I moved the little distance to Jupiter. It too was good. With a 23mm plus a 1.5 barlow, I got some decent banding and the GRS.

Before closing up because of a chance of rain approaching from the North, I finished with a quick look at Saturn. Again, with my equipment and little experience, I was quite pleased with the views and my simple images.

Till someone not used to viewing distant planets with an unguided telescope actually sees it, they cant believe how fast they move through your field of view!

I have told myself, that unguided and using a Canon SL1, be content and work to upgrade when I can.

Like always, thanks to everyone here for all their knowledge and advice they are so willing to share.

Archived