Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help/guide needed on little issues in my CG4 RA/DEC axis

SalehRam

Hi all,

So I've been checking my CG4 mount the other day and found out that I have 2 annoying issues and I want to get rid/fix them now...

First is the RA axis, I think its movement has became a bit heavy and needs some cleaning/greasing, however I am not sure I want to take that apart on my own... Are there any guides or videos that shows how to do this?

Second, the degrees circle on the DEC head seems a bit misaligned with the mount head itself. I am not sure how to explain it with words, so here are pictures.. Note how the 0", 90" are not exactly aligned around the DEC cylinder as I am expecting them to be...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xHx2VuB1A6TNRYqe7

So I was wondering how would I fix that as well? And whether it will actually make any issues or I should just ignore it...

Appreciate all your help and input!

Regards

Hi SalehRam,

The CG-4 is very similar (identical?) to the Synta EQ3 mount.

Here is a guide to stripping-down the EQ3-2;

DEC Setting Circle alignment:

If you loosen the grub screw shown in your third photo, using a 1.5mm Allen key (Hex wrench), you can adjust the DEC circle alignment.

Archived