Christams tree

Ken82

Images taken on the 26th Feb 31x2.5min D2 filter and 28x2.5min NB1 filter. Ive realized i  really need to start adjusting focus during the night as temperature differences and seeing conditions have shown me in this image. Looking at my RAW images a huge difference can be seen from the beginning of the evening. Also the christmas tree is reasonably low on the horizon for me with a lot of light pollution so im pleased to get this result.

Christams tree nebula crop.png

Christams tree nebula.jpg

Nice work Ken, you've captured the reflection nicely along with the cone.  The background is rather green and I think it would look better still if you could rebalance the background bias by tweaking the levels in the different colour channels.

1 hour ago, MartinB said:

Nice work Ken, you've captured the reflection nicely along with the cone.  The background is rather green and I think it would look better still if you could rebalance the background bias by tweaking the levels in the different colour channels.

Yea thanks Martin I’ll have a look at that this evening. Really appreciate your comments. 

I've had a quick look on pixinsight and tried to re-balance the colour this time favouring red for the halpha. Its not perfect by any means but a marked improvement from the green cast! Again really appreciate the comments there is so much to learn in this hobby!

Christams tree nebula new.jpg

Archived