NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sky-Watcher Heritage 130 additional dovetail fitment

Sky-searcher

Hi, has anybody fitted an additional dovetail to their heritage 130 to mount to a alt_az mount. Was thinking of fitting another bar at 90 degrees to the original so the scope/eyepiece is in the same position as normal. Any pics available?

Thanks for reply & links. Have got a Baader dovetail adapter that I have put on a 3 way camera tripod. It works ok, but get vibration in light wind. It confirmed to me that a tripod is the way I want to go as made viewing more comfortable. Think the vibration is caused when the head is in tilt. Will try it closed to see if more stable. But will have the problem of the OTA rotated 90 degrees & eyepiece on wrong side for me. That is why I was thinking of putting a extra dovetail bar underneath the OTA so it’s positioned correctly on a horizontal mount.

Archived