NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

New Scope/EQMOD/Stellarium

Hi all

Just getting into my new kit and having a few minor issues. I'm sure it's something simple......

Got new Evostar 80ed setup and aligned on the mount as per the instructions. I then open stellarium scope and EQMOD and see it all ok, set to home position and then when I open Stellarium I can see my scope circle.

So the question is. When I do polar alignment, I use the new polemaster and the accompaning software the align accuratley. But in Stellarium my scope circle is not postioned over polaris! Is there something I'm missing?? My long and Lat are set correctly in both. 

If I slew to Polaris within Sterallrium I'm no longer looking at polaris through the scope!

Attached is what I'm seeing (daylight but higher circle is polaris). 

Stellarium.JPG

I assume you're using stellarium scope?  You may need to manually (via the slew controls) fine tune to the object you're trying to view, in this case Polaris, then ctrl-3 will sync stellarium to the new mount position. I used to do this on a couple of bright stars before using stellarium to goto, but now I use APT's plate solving instead it's great.

50 minutes ago, Notty said:

I assume you're using stellarium scope?  You may need to manually (via the slew controls) fine tune to the object you're trying to view, in this case Polaris, then ctrl-3 will sync stellarium to the new mount position. I used to do this on a couple of bright stars before using stellarium to goto, but now I use APT's plate solving instead it's great.

Yes using Stellarium scope.

• 1 year later...