NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ekos Astrometry

david maitland

Hi, I'm having a nightmare trying to get the solver to work, I'm using Ekos, direct from laptop which is Windows 10, ANSVR astrometry.net is  up and running, I've downloaded the correct index files, however when solving an image, just keep getting the log solver failed, appreciate any help anyone can offer, please bear in mind, I'm 55 year old construction worker with only the vaguest idea of computers.

Cheers Davey 

Hi. What image are you attempting to solve? What equipment did you use to take the image? Does it solve anyone else's image? What files did you download? We don't have enough information to help or eliminate possible problems I'm afraid. 

Maybe you could post an image which doesn't work for you and we can try on another local Ekos? A screenshot of the Ekos solver screen may help too.

Cheers

2 hours ago, alacant said:

Hi. What image are you attempting to solve? What equipment did you use to take the image? Does it solve anyone else's image? What files did you download? We don't have enough information to help or eliminate possible problems I'm afraid. 

Maybe you could post an image which doesn't work for you and we can try on another local Ekos? A screenshot of the Ekos solver screen may help too.

Cheers

Hi Alacant

Thanks for your reply,  my gear isn't set up tonight so can't give a screen shot at the minute, I've downloaded and installed the astrometry  index files below,  and the ANSVR server is running. in the ekos alignment module, if my understanding is correct,  I slew telescope to a target or a brightish star close to target and select capture and solve this where it starts falling apart, image is captured and displayed on screen,  ekos states it is "solving image" after around 40 seconds it states  "solver failed" 

sorry this is bit long winded,  images are well focused and not over saturated,  I'm fairly sure it's something I've missed either in the installation of the index files or the setting up of ekos. 

1551212711867856855623410947480.jpg

Archived