Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

First light - horseshead and flame

Gareth88

Hi all,

so, I recently upgraded all my gear ( apart from a few hick ups which I’m an idiot for! ) and this is the first light on my new eq6-r pro , esprit 80, and zwo 1600mm-pro.

it was unguided and I only used my mount to guide due to me forgetting to get the right adaptor for the finderscope ( dosey ).

i took 49-2 minute exposures at -15 cooling - gain 0 if I remember correctly and 15 darks with the same, unfortunately I don’t have the right filterwheel ( idiot again ordered the wrong one haha ) so I couldn’t capture any HA or colour. 

The main star is over expososed abit, but overall I’m impressed with the final outcome! Major improvement over my old setup of a 200p and a canon 100d on a eq5.

CF69CD7C-4EF5-4445-B380-5994E429B9F5.jpeg

Just now, widotje said:

Nice!  I have the 1600mm pro cooled, does wonders for me. If you can guide and extend your exposure time, you'll be amazed!

That’s what I’m planning on doing ? once the adaptor and filter wheel come through ? and espically with the Ha, as I live in a class 6 bortle, so getting rid of some if not most of the light pollution will help until I got to a friends house on top of a hill, in a class 4 bortle.

im amazed as it is ha I’m really excited to “see more”.

Archived