Possibilities

I just want to ask, what is your advice about imaginf in this area from lightpollutionmap.info towards south (circle is about 50km long towards south) to image antares and core..core lower part rise up to 10 degrees, core upper part up to 15 degrees and antares (star) up to 17 degrees at its highest. I have a LP filter, and I want to do 5min subs with iso 800-1600 withouth filter, any advice? Can that work or not? I know it may sound stupid to ask, bur I am not really able to go out just for testing.

received_2643039655712669.jpeg

11 minutes ago, serbiadarksky said:

But there is Kanjiza and Senta, visible on image..can they affect it?

Ah, I see, you marked imaging spot with white dot? Right?

I don't think that both Kanjiza nor Senta will hurt your imaging much - they are far away, and although your intended target is fairly low, it is still 15 or so degrees above horizon. I think both of those two light domes won't reach couple degrees in height from your location.

Kanjiza is about 10Km or so from that location (aerial distance)? If light dome reaches 1Km in height, that would make it 5 degrees above horizon from marked spot. Senta is twice that distance, and I think you probably won't even be able to spot it's light dome.

7 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Ah, I see, you marked imaging spot with white dot? Right?

I don't think that both Kanjiza nor Senta will hurt your imaging much - they are far away, and although your intended target is fairly low, it is still 15 or so degrees above horizon. I think both of those two light domes won't reach couple degrees in height from your location.

Kanjiza is about 10Km or so from that location (aerial distance)? If light dome reaches 1Km in height, that would make it 5 degrees above horizon from marked spot. Senta is twice that distance, and I think you probably won't even be able to spot it's light dome.

Thank you!

With lp filter and 5min, ir withouth lp filter and 5min images? :)

Archived