Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

helios 20x80 binoculars

I am pretty new to this world though I do have 10x50 binoculars, a tripod and and membership of a local club. I have used their 20x80 binos and found the magnification to my liking. I am looking to buy my own pair. I like the good vibes given about the Helios brand and, with my budget in mind, am looking at either Stellar-11, or Quantum-4. I'm guessing the Quantum-4 is an older model as it's quite difficult - but not impossible - to get hold of. I would like members to advise me as to which ones I should buy. Your help would be immensely appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @orange crab and welcome to SGL. :hello2:

I have used Helios binoculars in the past and very good for those on a budget, though unable to comment further. Stephen Tonkin, [i.e. @BinocularSky], is a member on SGL, so look forward to his comments/suggestions.

Don't forget to add a joystick/pistol grip trigger/ball head/grip too, if you do not already own one. A well known on-line warehouse, (sounds similar to a south american jungle & river), often have good deals on them when purchased with a photo/camera tripod.

Hi, @orange crab, my Nov 2018 review of the Helios Stellar II 16x80 is now available online:
http://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/review/binoculars/helios-stellar-ii-16x80-binoculars

(I would be astonished if the quality of the 20x80 was substantially different.)

More binocular reviews and advice at http://binocularsky.com

Archived