NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Flaming Star

Craig123

Hi all

Could anyone advise on this target. 

Unbelievably , I managed to get 3 hrs 40 mins subs in Ha the other night.. the first clear night in weeks. 

Tonight looks clear and I have about 5 or 6 hrs if alls well with  set up  on this target. 

I can't decide wether to use my other NB filters.. maybe just an Sii or change my filters back to RGB to try and get an image. Any advice  much appreciated.

Thanks 

Thanks.. Yep. Better not get too excited at the prospect of finishing something. ?

2 minutes ago, Stu Wilson said:

Either way I look forward to your image. I tried it last night and didn't get very far before clouds 

You really want to try to capture the blue reflection nebulosity which is the great feature of this target.  So RGB would be my pick.  Some short star colour exposures and some longer blues for the nebulosity.  

14 minutes ago, MartinB said:

You really want to try to capture the blue reflection nebulosity which is the great feature of this target.  So RGB would be my pick.  Some short star colour exposures and some longer blues for the nebulosity.  

Thanks Martin... Interesting to see how people approach each target. Maybe I could get the feature with oiii aswell..but it might take longer...im not sure.l on that. 

Archived