NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

If Sir Isaac Had Made a Binoscope What Would It Have Possibly Looked Like?

Klitwo

If Sir Isaac had made a binoscope what would it have possibly looked like?

I for one have always thought that Sir Isaac Newton could have also been possibly thinking about making a binoscope when he made his first Newtonian reflector.  I think it would have occured to him that using both eyes would have certainly been a big advantage in observing celestial objects through a binoscope.  So if that were the case....what would Sir Isaac Newton's first binoscope could have possibly looked like if he were to have made one?  >

Your thoughts on this?

Klitwo

My thoughts exactly!, there would be no need for additional optics to achieve IPD at that aperture. The first binoscope I ever made about 45years ago was a 3.5" F5 Newtonian, this required a couple of the erector prism units that used to be available to achieve IPD adjustment. The views were terrestrially orientated and being devoid of CA were better than anything I'd ever seen in a binocular and encouraged me into making larger and better ones ever since.   ?

Archived