Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Planning and recording an observing session

rusirius

Which software is best for planning and recording an observing session? I've come across an extension to Cartes du Ciel called Deepsky which says it allows you to select objects and plan an observing session but also has a logbook feature so that you can log your observations. I understand though that Starry Night allows you to do the same and is readily available from reputable outlets in the Uk but is more expensive.

Has anyone used either or both that can give a view on their suitability to the task or suggest other software options?

I use Astroplanner for working out a list of objects to observe. As for recording, it's all done from memory and written up the next day in Word. I must find a way of recording things more efficiently.

I'm pretty good at art and drawing, so would like to start sketching. A New Years resolution for me i reckon.

Russ

Archived