Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A bit of a broken Heart (IC1805)

Filroden

First the caveats: this is a combination of a brief imaging session on Monday when I managed to capture 1hr 40mins of LRGB on the Heart Nebula combined with an older mosaic in Ha taken last year. The mosaic did not cover the same field of view so I have cropped out the areas where there was no overlap. I've also just noticed a small area in the mosaic where my stars are doubled due to a misalignment (the area just to the right of centre) within the mosaic itself.

large.IC1805_LHaRGB.jpg.131f3d902f271a0171148ab6cfff4c95.jpg.

I've tried and probably overcooked the deconvolution. Having managed to avoid most of the ringing artefacts I'd missed that I'd reduced the fainter stars to squares.  PP@YP! (pixel peek at your peril)

I know this needs LOTS more data and a fresh set of Ha subs that actually match but it was nice to be imaging again after what has felt like an endless summer and a very cloudy Autumn.

10x 120s of RGB

20x 120s of L

~20x 240s of H

Total integration time: 3hrs

Skywatcher Esprit 80mm plus ZWO1600MM-C, ZWO LRGB filters and Astrodon 3nm Ha filter.

Enjoy :)

Archived