SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Testing Bortle 8 home-made Pier

ginandtonic

I am a little financially challenged at the moment (skint).

Thank you Nosky3 for the "Ford Fiesta brake disk as an AVX pier adapter" idea ..!! With my narrow balcony I had to improvise...not much room for a tripod...

https://www.cloudynights.com/topic/625804-late-model-car-brake-rotor-for-celestron-avx-pier-adaptor/

Testing my pier setup in southern Spain (Tarifa). Yes, it's Bortle 7-8, I can only see 3 or 4 stars ?.

Also I can only look due East because of obstacles...  Thank you Starsense User Auto Align and polar align!

Can't wait for the Xmas hols, and drive south to Morocco, me mate has a beach house 30kms north of Essaouira, Bortle 1-2 on the roof terrace! ?

pier2.jpg

Europe light pollution map:

bortle3.jpg

morocco%20stars.jpg

Morocco stars (not my picture)

I admire you for persevering!  The skies in Morocco are really special, I've spent a few days near Asni on the edge of the Atlas Mountains. Faint stars there are visible right down to the dark horizon.

graeme

Archived