M42 After Tutorial

I followed a quite easy to keep up with tutorial on processing tonight.

Ive used the files from last night to see what difference it made.

Im no expert but it seems to of worked quite well considering Im very new to processing and getting good results.

Heres the 2 files ive done to receive comments if you would.

1st one I used the full image and the 2nd one I cropped just the M42 main part and tried to work on that.

Cheers

Stu

M42 and Running man Tutorial Process.jpg

M42 After Tutorial.jpg

6 hours ago, iwols said:

great ,what software/tutorial did you use

I used dss to stack as usual. Photoshop to do the magic.

The tutorial I followed was on you tube in 2 parts called processing the Orion nebula. It mainly shows gradient removal and bringing out the detail in a different way to what I'd do for galaxies etc but it was easy to follow. 

35 minutes ago, MartinB said:

That's worked well.  The trapezium core area is well controlled and some faint detail has been pulled out.  It's a separate issue but the background brightness is somewhat uneven

Yeah I'm not sure what's going on apart from when this was shot dew was seriously creeping in. To the point where the stars around the running man which I've cropped out had big halos around them. Other thing I've noticed. If I post jpeg files to a different site say fbook they appear alot different ie no blotchiness???

Archived