Heart Nebula

Ken82

Heart nebula from 17th Nov. 50x2.5min subs from what has become a very light polluted area. I think i may change the LP filter to an Idas D2 for its LED suppression as my neighborhood has recently changed its lighting :(

Heart nebula.jpg

16 hours ago, Allinthehead said:

Lovely image and it pained me reading about your led strife. I know that the plans are in motion to retrofit led's in my area too and i'm fearing for my hobby.

They changed mine out half way through a project and I could not tell any difference between the images taken of M81 with the Sodium lights to the later subs taken with the LED lights when using just a UV/IR block.

The lights down my street are not in direct line of sight of my obsy mind you. I chose the obsy location for exactly that reason. So not sure if its more problematic if you are directly illuminated.

Adam

5 hours ago, Adam J said:

They changed mine out half way through a project and I could not tell any difference between the images taken of M81 with the Sodium lights to the later subs taken with the LED lights when using just a UV/IR block.

The lights down my street are not in direct line of sight of my obsy mind you. I chose the obsy location for exactly that reason. So not sure if its more problematic if you are directly illuminated.

Adam

Hope for me yet. None directly near the scope but some light does come into my garden.

The introduction of LEDs here resulted in SQM readings improving by about 3/4 of a magnitude & I have several in awkward positions. I think it has a lot to do with the way they are angled, which seems to be very variable judging by those in the wider area around here, but those in my immediate vicinity are angled well.

Archived