NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Moon through window and cloud

avtaram

My Celestron NexYZ smartphone adapter arrived yesterday. Last night was cloudy so there didn't seem any prospect of trying out the NexYZ but when I looked out of the bedroom window I could see the Moon peeking out from a tiny gap in the clouds although there where still some wisps of cloud floating across it's face. I quickly grabbed my 102 mak which I keep mounted on a photo tripod in the study and pointed it at the moon through the closed window. Mounting my Xperia phone on the NexYZ and attaching it to the eyepiece was straight forward. the following pics were taken through a 24 Hyperion and a 17.5 Morpheus. there was more wispy cloud across the face of the Moon when it came to use the Morpheus. Soon after the Moon disappeared behind the clouds.

image.jpeg.5eae7007261de43419606bfb50b2cee8.jpeg

image.jpeg.9019ea10280db7766b5d6d7cccf82dca.jpeg

I just used the auto setting on the phone as there was no time to try different settings because of the cloud.

Avtar

Archived