Planetary settings Firecapture?

Ozone

I am not a pro in this field, but managed to get some decent images with my 130PDS (which is not a planetary scope at all... ;) )

As I recall, there are 2 main settings you should Follow, not a direct ones, but... I hope it will help:

1) If it is not the Moon, use ROI (Region of Interest), it will make resolution smaller and will increase FPS dramatically, it also depends on cam you use, try different ones, my best results were between 200x200 and 480x640 with ASI224MC on Jupiter.

2) Keep an eye on the Histogram, - this is the tool which tells you what Exposure and Gain settings to use. Keep the Peek in around 70% for the start with the highest FPS rate you can achieve using around 80%-90% of gain (you can try 100% also, why not). Make different types of records, - 60% / 80% maybe even 90%, as settings are very target dependant.

check my results and settings attached in .txt format to some of the images

Archived