Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Neat little tool - Autoscreen

Bear with me on this...

Okay, so the laptop is usually out in the garden...it's getting mighty cold now... don't really want to sit outside watching subframes (10 minute subframes) roll in.

Also...don't really want to be sitting at my laptop RDP'ing or the like to check all is okay..

I have an iPhone...no RDP option for that. (not from the UK Applestore, there are some VNC options though... see below)..but it's dinky enough that I can sit in the front room, watch TV, have supper, spend time with missus etc...

so...how to get what the Atik 314L/art capture software is doing to my iphone...?

Answer

Autoscreen ...tiny little app that now runs on the laptop, and every x seconds (x set by me) it uploads the screen (or sub area, such as the subframe capture) to imageshack or my FTP of choice

I have Safari on the iphone then to check the sub frames are all okay (no clouds getting in the way, star trailing etc etc), can zoom in on the images, and make sure it all works

http://www.16software.com/autoscreen/

Sorry...if this sounds like a plug...but it's brill, and will work with any web enabled phone..

Simple but effective..

How cool is that :)

I've always used RDP from my desktop pc inside or failing that just copied some of the CR2 images across and quickly checked them out (my pics are downloaded in to a shared folder).

Matt

Jeez, all I would need then is an auto focuser, DSLR > mains adaptor, some dew strips and a couple dozen extra USB ports and I could do my imaging while sunbathing in Australia :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: .

robofocus would indeed tie in to this...

It's effectively , of you got the cloudwood sensor, and a remote dome, what a true robotic obsy would give you...

And for the record, I've already remotely done some imaging on other system from Starbucks using my iPhone...

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look in the app store.. there is now an RDP app for the iphone, including a a free 'lite' version:

LITE VERSION

Compared to the Lite version the full version has:

- Another cool key board

- More mouse functions: right button,drag and over (hover)

- Mouse wheel

- Text macro support

- Can handle 20 different Host configurations

FEATURES

- Standard RDP protocol

- 8 bit color mode for faster screen updates

- Zoom and scroll as the Safari Browser

- Server screen size 600x800,1024x768 or 1280x1024

- Landscape mode

LIMITATIONS

- Only support for Windows XP Professional and Windows 2000/2003

- 40 bit encryption