NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally worked!

ChrisEdu

Got my Nexstar moount back today, so went out this evening to see what would happen.

Previously the SkyAlign feature has always failed so I was feeling a little nervous. However, it worked perfectly today! :) I got the scope aligned and feeling sceptical told it to show me Polaris, expecting it to miss. I was delighted when it slew round in the right direction and relieved when in the EP I could see the star! Horray! :hello1:

So, with things going well, I thought I'd see what else I could see. Finally, I got to see the Andromeda Galaxy. Next I had a look at several other features including Kemble's Cascade. I'm really pleased that the system is now working properly! My only disappointment was the limit of what could be observed with the scope tonight. I think a mixture of poor sky conditions and limited aperture meant that some things were beyond my observations. :D Can't wait to get a bigger scope! :)

Archived