QHY183C showcase

After having my QHY183C for the past 7 months I've decided to showcase the images I've managed to take.

All images taken from my back garden under bortle 6 skies. Telescope used was a William Optics FLT98 carbon fibre tube (bought used around 2 months ago) with a Hotech 2" flattener.

Gain 11 Offset 76. Sub length ranging from 10 seconds to 300 seconds.

No LPS filter used and sometimes the moon was about.

C14 194 X 10 second subs. No calibration frames

c14.jpg

7 hours ago, Stu Wilson said:

Some nice images.

I've had my QHY8L about the same time span.

Serious lack of clear night's but I look forward to putting up a little showcase too.

?

Thanks. I don't think my mediocre processing skill do this set up justice. I'll come back to all this data at some point in the future and re-do them. 

We've had some nice clear night's here but mainly when the moon is about. 

2 hours ago, emyliano2000 said:

Very nice images indeed.  I'm loving the Vdb 141. I might have a go at it. I'm under bortle 6 skies too.

Emil

Thanks. Its the longest I've spent on a single image with this camera. Capturing the data was the easy part, it then took me weeks of processing and re-processing to end up with the above final image. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/10/2018 at 08:40, emyliano2000 said:

Very nice images indeed.  I'm loving the Vdb 141. I might have a go at it. I'm under bortle 6 skies too.

Emil

Did you ever give this a go? I'd be interested in seeing your results if you did

Archived