Time Lapse, wide field etc

SAW

Is this correct, To do time lapse with the stars moving and landscape still I need a fixed mount with lots of short exposures and use software to create the movie ? If I want longer exposures with the landscape still in focus and not moving I need to choose 1/2 rate on a tracking mount but can't create a time lapse movie as landscape will be moving ? If I want to do one with the landscape moving and still tracking the the stars would also need a time lapse adaptor like this https://www.firstlightoptics.com/…/vixen-polarie-timelapse-… ? 

I have an iOptron Skytracker mount.

If I set to 1x it tracks the stars and any foreground is blurred.

If I set to ½x with shorter exposures then both the foreground and the stars move relative to each other. The exposure length will determine how elongated the stars/foreground are along with the focal length of the lens.

Turning off the mount stars trail and foreground is sharp.

Francis

Yes that’s basically correct - but that adaptor only work s with the vixen polarie (sorry I assume you know that just checking!)

Have you seen the star adventurer mini? That’s basically designed for time lapse with a ton of cool functions.

2 hours ago, Mr niall said:

Yes that’s basically correct - but that adaptor only work s with the vixen polarie (sorry I assume you know that just checking!)

Have you seen the star adventurer mini? That’s basically designed for time lapse with a ton of cool functions.

I've already got a Star Adventurer but looking to get a Lightrack II but I want something that I can use with my small refractors and other times with just a dslr to try some time lapse's. The mini won't have the payload for my refractors ?

Archived